Thursday, April 26, 2007

understanding...

when we come to understand why we do what we do...then we can come to look past the dis-ease in others...and offer them understanding too.

some times it is so difficult to allow others to be just who and what they are...that includes accepting who and what and where we are too...just because i have gotten clean and sober, that does not mean that life is going to be fair, and that others are going to be any different then they were...after all, my sobriety is not about them. it is difficult not to have expectations of myself and others...however; when i turn my life over to the care of God as i understand or don't understand God...i am turning over everything...the so-called good and so-called bad...to allow God to do with it what God wills...afterall...i have to remember that i am not doing anything...it is Gods grace that is changing me...recreating me...one moment at a time...all it takes is accepting the seemingly unacceptable...and the act of surrender...when i find myself in that between place of discomfort...the only thing left is to pray for the willingness to be willing to do this...

starlightjustfortoday...

No comments: