Friday, July 6, 2007

emotional sobriety...

this is something very new to me...

since there has never been a time that i have known emotional stability, God had to deal with that first...

i have years of experiencing unhealthy emotion, and not really anything of it's counterpart to compare it with. so, i must rely on those that have walked this path before me.

this is why meetings and working with other alcoholics and drug addicts is so important. we are all mirrors of each other...

emotional sobriety might be something very similar to being emotionally healthy...i have to remember that this is a process...it took years of neglecting myself on every level to get where i am...and even though i have not had a drug or a drink in 14 months...today...and i have done quiet a bit of inner work...there is still much to do.

i have been so blessed with a pressence of peace for many months now...however; the past few days, i have experienced some dis-ease...and did not know what was causing it...my mind seemed to be spinning, and my body was feeling the effects...

met with my sponsor, and just after speaking with her for a few minutes, she was able to see it...

we spent several hours together...talking, laughing at ourselves...she made some suggestions, that i of course thought were uncessary...am laughing at that now, because turned out, she was right...at the end of our session...she hugged me tight, and thanked me...at the time i did not have a clue as to why she was thanking me...

uncover...discover...and discard...

the steps...

then...it began to make sense...

what was even more awesome, was the girl that i sponsor called me...and because i had just had this experience, i was able to do for her what had been done for me...

and i thanked her...

this is how it works...why it works? GOD...

emotional sobriety depends on how rigorously honest i am with self...

starlightjustfortoday...

No comments: