Friday, September 28, 2007

a higher power...

the only requirement...is a desire to stop using...

of course, eventually i realized that using was not really my problem...my problem was me! once i stopped using, it became obvious that i did not like myself very much...and wanted to change, but how? i could not even stop using without divine intervention...

'lack of power' was really my problem...

i had to come to believe in a power greater than me...

i was pretty fed up with my god by the time i got sober...so i was ok with the idea of a new concept...the old one just did not work...and so, the thought of a power, a conscious power, that was in control of everything was just what the doctor ordered!

today, my higher power is out the box of mental concepts...infinite, unknown, and all powerful...

when i just allow everything to be as it is...my higher power can and does work through me...all things through the grace of conscious being...

starlightjustfortoday...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.