Monday, July 21, 2008

my son and his friends...

our sweet young Ian, so full of pain,
the alcohol and drugs made him insane,
he'd gone to jail, forced sobriety,
started back to slinging, soon as he was free...
my son's best friend, lost to this shit,
we begged and pleaded for him to quit...
he took his gun, put a bullet in his head...
but it was alcohol and drugs that killed him dead...
another best friend, our precious Josh,

no one was nicer, to him my son looked up...
he was an example of what a young man should be,
was a dear, sweet friend to my son and me.
one night he was drinking, a friendly drunk,
he threw up in some crazy dudes pick-up truck,
three guys beat him unconscious, then threw him in the back,
drove around and partied...he died like that...
then there was Erin, wild as could be,

best friends with my son, and like a son to me,
he overdosed, on alcohol and drugs,
stayed in a coma for several months,
many a time, i prayed over his bed,
he was so damn lucky he wasn't dead,
he finally came too, but he's not the same,
there was lots of damage done, to his brain,
after several surgeries, he walks with a limp,
yeah he's still using every chance he gets...
finally heard from my son, he's pretty beaten down,

i can only pray that he'll come around.
no place to live, in real bad shape,
i told him that i loved him...ever and always,
asked him if he was ready, to give up the stuff,
that i would be here for him, when he'd had enough,
one day at a time, turning it over,
the grace of God, keeping him sober,
going to meetings, working the steps,
the only other options are jail and death...
he knows the deal...and it's up to him...
gonna hit my knees, turn him over again...
tlcoriginals...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Star this has really touched me..
I'm in awe and so grateful.
Namaste'
~lars