Sunday, December 24, 2006

To God and all God's Angels...

I Want To Thank You...

I never did fit in anywhere,
It always seemed like life was passing me by;
I looked at the world through shades of grey,
And I did everything I could, to make it go away...

I would have succeeded, except for you,
At first I didn't like the changes you put me through,
Once past the insanity of addiction I was free,
And I want to thank you, for doing that for me...

I never was responsible for anyone,
Could justify anything, I've ever done;
If someone was sicker, that made me okay,
And I continued, to drink and drug life away...

I would have succeeded, except for you,
At first I didn't like the changes you put me through,
Once past the insanity of addiction I was free,
And I want to thank you, for showing that to me...

I never thought anyone understood,
Never thought anyone ever could;
But there you were with a team of Angels by your side,
A Higher Power, is at work here,
And I'm just along for the ride...

We are succeeding, one by one,
By God's grace, we're a job well done,
Once past the insanity of addiction we are free,
And I want to thank you, for being here for me...

Life is wonderful, in sobriety, where I'm clean and free...
I want to thank you...

tlcoriginals...

No comments: