Wednesday, August 22, 2007

not taking things so personal...

when i first got sober some 15 months ago, i was very sensitive, and took a lot of things personal...that had to have been because i thought that the world revolved around me...(LOL)

today, not so much! haha...thanx to a program of recovery, i have matured a little anyways! and today, when someone is acting out, i am able to look past that and see a person in pain...

am beginning to see that the ONLY reason someone hurts another, is because they are hurting themselves.

today i do not feel the need to be right, or to take up for myself, or make excuses when someone appears to be accusative towards me or down right hateful...it is also a mirror of myself...that reminds me of old behaviours that i do not want to pick back up...

this is a blessing for me...to be able to look beyond another's hatefulness and see their humanness and pain...and to just not make a big deal out of it! progress...also, understanding this, keeps me from harboring resentments that can only hurt me...

my stuff, your stuff, and God's stuff...it is just that simple...

starlightjustfortoday...

No comments: