Wednesday, March 28, 2007

true acceptance...

this is where peace is actually found...in my humble opinion. i can remember in early sobriety having to accept certain things, mainly cause i had no choice, but not really being at peace with the things i said i was accepting. the peace has been a gradual happenstance, and it can go away the moment i choose to not really accept things the way they are, truly knowing that everything is the way it is suppose to be. anytime i try and change what is, that is when conflict and chaos arises. there can be no peace in that, and today, i am all about peace within. if i believe that something is God's will, then why would i not accept it as being what is best for me? maybe at first glance i don't like it, but when i totally accept it, as God's will, and that it is best for me, then i can make peace with whatever the situation is, and what is left, is peace within. with peace, joy and happiness follow. there is so much freedom in that. no more searching and seeking and questioning...only faith that all things are working together for my good...just for today. the now is all i have. it is all any of us have. God has given me everything i need. i am finally comfortable with me and life on life's terms. i am no longer fighting anything. it is a true blessing to be sober and to be enjoying this way of life. the only thing that has not changed about these moments of sobriety that i am accumulating, is that every morning when i awaken, i turn my will and my life over to the care of my higher power. every day is an adventure. an opportunity to share with others, this gift of life. even when i am alone, i am not alone. i can feel the presence of God...in the form of peace and joy. it flows through me now, and it is a wonderful thing to know.

many blessings...star.

No comments: