Saturday, May 19, 2007

decisions...

the decisions i made when i was using, were not at all responsible...when i first got sober, i was not capable of making my own decisions...so, my higher power in infinite wisdom, had the courts do it for me...for the most part...but even deciding what to do about the most insignificant things was very difficult, and i was frightened...overwhelmed by the least little thing. now, decisions are getting easier. i always pray about the decisions i am faced with making...the number one thing is that i am honest with myself about what is the responsible thing to do these days. today, it is not about what i want...i know that wanting things my way...is what got me into trouble in the first place. today it is all about God's will. i pray for direction...and do what i can, and leave the results to God.

decisions are still not easy for me, but it is all about practicing the principles that i have learned in recovery. if i continue to do it God's way...then i know that everything will be just the way it is suppose to be.

starlightjustfortoday...

No comments: