Monday, July 30, 2007

a story...

Time for an old zen story.... a man was chased by a tiger and his only option was to jump from a cliff and take his chances. He landed on a small ledge that was crumbling, and he grasped a root that was pulling out of the cliff wall. Just above his head the hungry tiger snarled at him and below the rocks waited for his fall. He saw a wild strawberry and reached out his hand and ate it enjoying it's sweetness.

i recently got caught up in the insanity of my own mind...powerless over the situation i found myself in...i forgot to turn it over, and was desperately trying to figure it all out...the truth of the matter is, there will always be tigers and rocks...cannot let them keep me from experiencing the strawberries of the NOW...

am filled with gratitude, especially for the friend that sent me this little zen story...it reminded me that i have only NOW...so, just for today, i am staying out of yesterday and tomorrow...which i can only live in my head...cause that is where the tigers and rocks dwell...

starlightjustfortoday...

No comments: