Friday, September 19, 2008

my child...

when you were still a tiny child with hands so very small,
your eyes were wide with wonder, you had to know it all.
your heart was pure and innocent, not yet touched by life,
reality soon taught you...anger, pain and strife.
the faith you had soon turned to doubt; your love hid deep within;
your wonder turned to fear and hate, and they were now your friend.
you smothered me so very long that i was sure we'd die,
but then you found a new friend, and we started getting high.
i wanted so to comfort you, and take away your tears,
but you had paralyzed our power; we existed that way for years.
sometimes you would call for me, but i could not respond,
it seemed that we were frozen, but we always had a bond.
when finally you got honest, and mirrored that to me,
a miracle then happened, we both were then set free.
you'd broken things inside of you, we had a lot to mend,
healing's always painful, but worth it in the end.
you asked me why i'd gone away and left you on your own,
your ways kept me in prison but you never were alone.
you listened and you cried alot, it purified your soul,
remembering what you forgot so very long ago.
with faith now strong and love reowned we now were on our way,
once again I was your friend and led you through each day.
the anger's gone and hate and fear, they fled and disappeared,
peace guards us now, like magic; that hazy doubt has cleared.
remember child and don't forget, and never lose your way,
i am here inside you; each and every day.
you only need to come to me exactly as you are,
let my spirit fill you, and we will travel far.
i can show you many things, if you will but see,
relax my child, and be at peace; trust and believe in me.
sometimes you must just be still in quietness you will find,
that i will be there waiting; each and every time.
most times you're in a hurry; most things are'nt good for you,
i can see tomorrow when you have'nt got a clue.
relax and just be patient, enjoy your moments now;
learn to live just in today, watch, listen--you'll learn how.
your longed for peace is easy, as long as i lead you,
don't give me charge then take it back before i'm half-way through.
my child you were my child you'll be until our journey's through,
if you will just remember: i am a part of you.
freespirited and restless, dear child you were so born,
created in my image, this earth you do sojourn.
one day you'll rest forever, complete-in eternity,
we'll share one spirit in perfection, you are a part of me.
until that time you must try to help others along the way,
remember: i work through you; be careful what you say.
your will is very stubborn, but once trained for the good,
i can then act freely, when you act as you should.
remember all are my children, i love each a special way,
there is no room or time allowed for games that people play.
when you let me lead you, like magic you will change,
you'll find such happiness in my peace, such comfort when you pray.
i will fix the broken things and do all in my time,
i'll be with you always, because dear child, you're mine.
tlcoriginals.

starlightjustfortoday...

No comments: