Friday, December 15, 2006

gratitude...

have been feeling very blessed the past few days...i am so thankful that this stomach stuff is better...found out that it could have been that little meal i had at taco bell last week...hmmmmmm...whatever...i have vowed to take better care of myself. when i was active in my addiction, the only time i went to the doctor was for a re-fill on my perscription drugs...if i had pain, i knew what to do; pop a pill; if that did not work, pop another. my health has been neglected because of that. it is a wonder i am not dead...guess God is not through with this one yet! today is my oldest grand-babies birthday; she is 9, and sooooooooo amazing! i am so grateful that she is a big part of my life. i am thankful i am sober and able to enjoy this day with her, her younger sister, and my beautiful daughter. will check in later...many blessings, star.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is all good stuff star. Have you made your blog known to your sponser?

Writing this stuff down is not only catharsis but do you find it helps you actualy face what's inside? You know, like seeing it become more solid ( and hence more knowable) when the words are in front of you?
Anyway i find it a learning thing for me to read it, for the insight.

The improving relationships between you and your family lends your words a glow when you write about them : )

Chip

Starlight said...

hey chip; yes my sponser has checked it out; she thought it was great. this is kinda like journaling; it keeps me honest with me. it does help me see my progress...it also helps me see when i get stuck...i know now what to do usually, it is just being willing sometimes...the more i practice these principals in all my affairs, the better i become at it...my relationships are awesome...especially with my daughter. many blessings, star.